Me

" Cooking is an in-born talent " Who said so?

Yes, I am not a trained chef nor a daughter of one.
I started serious cooking really after getting married. Before that i was just a 'mommy-food' girl. I completed my Masters in Business Administration...got married ...new home... college lecturer... mom-in law's food...i never really cooked all those years (ps: besides on occasions). I was mostly into dish-washing all those years.  
In 2013 ,we shifted to Saudi Arabia with my daughter, Ziana.. that's when the fun started. I started by cooking my usual family recipes. Arabic food was not a favourite at home in the beginning. We used to visit the local Indian restaurants (ps: very few in number) occasionally in this small town in Saudi Arabia where we lived . I always missed the street food (thattukada) of Kerala.
Feeling comfortable in the kitchen is essential to cook good food. In the little apartment where i live now I have set my own customized kitchen space. I slowly experimented ,improvised and developed my culinary skills here. I feel many people around us think that its too much of strain or nearly impossible to bring Restaurant dishes to your dining table made in your very own kitchen. I took up little challenges of cooking myself like recreating a particular restaurant dish at home or like the '31 new dishes a month' challenge.
  

I was a Picky eater!

Slowly I ended up cooking Italian, Arabic and so on. My husband was my personal taste tester, critic, guinea pig. He was the ' Variety kid '.He order's the most diverse food in restaurants. Somehow he finds it out in the Menu. I started to like different cuisines .I loved the food I made. I am no more a Picky eater.

How I started this blog

During my cooking expeditions all these years I have gone through a lot of blogs, YouTube, personal advice and I wrote my recipes in a notebook. We started taking pictures and posting on Whatsapp. Some applauded and some started asking for recipes. On the last day of my "31 day cooking challenge" I thought why not I try writing a blog .All recipes here are tried and tested at home and husband approved!
So here goes the beginning of my scripture..   

Dr. Shabana.




















Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments:

  1. I have tried Shabanas dishes.. All of them came up good.. The zebra cake was in my to do list from some time.. And today I made it.. As simple as instructed by Shabana... The cake just came up superb.. Thanks Shabana for sharing such a good recepie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very important to have good thoughts in mind to write a beautiful post, and your mind seems very clear, only then you have written such a beautiful post, this post is worthy of praise, the praise of this post will be less. Real Girl Number Gurugram

    ReplyDelete